The UK Law Societies’ Joint Brussels Office and the Society of European Affairs Professionals (SEAP) will hold its event on ethics and lobbying on 7 November at 17:30 at Avenue des Nerviens 85.
The event will address the question of the role of ethics and codes of conduct in the era of increased lobbying regulation. The panelists will discuss such questions as:
- Are there any gaps between lobbying regulations (law) and ethical codes of conduct or ethical principles? If so, what are they? (for example, rules on cooling off periods, revolving door, conflict of interest)
- Does law have its limits? If so, where are they?
- Where does regulation end and ethics begin?
- What role is there for the professional public affairs bodies? (e.g. leadership, enforcement of the codes of conduct, professional development)
The event will be opened by Helena Raulus, Head of the UK Law Societies’ Brussels Office and Wes Himes, SEAP President.
The confirmed panelists are:
- Wes Himes, President, SEAP
- Vitor Teixeira, Policy Officer EU Integrity, Transparency International
- Koen Roovers, Case Handler, Strategic Inquiries Unit, European Ombudsman
- Mark Clough QC, Law Society of England and Wales
Discussion will be moderated by Anna Drozd, EU policy adviser with the UK Law Societies Brussels Office and Board Member of SEAP.
The event will finish at 19:00 and will be followed by a reception.
Please register here.
Date / Heure
Date(s) - 07/11/2018
17 h 30 min
Joint Brussels Office of the Law Societies