This position has been filled.
SEAP Job Description
Role: Policy Assistant
Job experience: Up to 1 year
Job Status: Full time – 37 hours/week
SEAP is the society of European Affairs Professionals representing the Brussels-based representative body for consultants, trade, NGO’s, lawyers and in-house professionals active in the European affairs sector. SEAP encourages the highest standards of professionalism for European affairs activity and promote self-regulation of the profession.
SEAP is looking for a Policy Assistant to support the provision of services concerning the general administration and management of the association, coordination of board meetings and execution of board decisions. The successful candidate will work very closely with the SEAP’s Board, made up of Policy and Communications experts working to represent the lobbying sector.
The contractual duties and responsibilities include:
- Helping develop and execute a public affairs strategy that serves SEAP’s policy priorities, and advise leadership of strategies to accomplish objectives.
- Managing association’s digital channels (websites and social media networks)
- Monitoring the policy environment, providing analysis to SEAP’s Board
- Drafting content for SEAP’s communication channels and preparing materials for Board meetings and external meetings
- Providing operational and logistical support for the organisation of events
- Liaising with Board members and membership on SEAP activities
- Offering administrative support to SEAP’s office – Maintaining database of membership, processing invoicing and coordinating necessary publications mandated in accordance with Belgian Law
The successful candidate will have:
- Knowledge of the EU institutions and understanding of EU decision-making
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Demonstrated organisational and analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills, be proactive and be able to work autonomously
- An understanding of digital communications and social media platforms
- An interest in managing WordPress websites and/or social media networks is considered a strong asset
- Sound knowledge of MS Office tools
- University degree (degree in law, politics, international relations or European affairs an advantage
This role is ideal for someone looking to improve their practical experience in public affairs and communications as well as build their professional network.
The successful candidate will be employed under the Belgian law.
Interested in applying: Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 October 2021. Applications should be sent with the Subject Title: “SEAP Policy Assistant”
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.